Marriott Hotels is working with Expedia in India to offer 1 free night on 2 paid nights promotion, valid for bookings made till August 31, 2014 and stays till September 30, 2014.
Under this promotion, you can choose to stay for 2 or more paid nights at a participating Marriott property in India, and you can add on a complimentary night at the end of your stay. Alternately, you can collect a complimentary voucher on check-out, which can be used for a stay at a later date, however this stay will also be at the same hotel. The following is a list of Marriott properties in India:
- Courtyard by Marriott Ahmedabad
- Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
- Fairfield by Marriott Bengaluru
- JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
- Courtyard by Marriott Bhopal
- Courtyard by Marriott Bilaspur
- JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh
- Courtyard by Marriott Chennai
- Goa Marriott Resort & Spa
- Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon
- Hyderabad Marriott Hotel & Convention Centre
- Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad
- Jaipur Marriott Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott, Kochi Airport
- JW Marriott, Mumbai
- Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai Airport
- Renaissance Mumbai
- JW Marriott Hotel, Delhi Aerocity
- JW Marriott Hotel Pune
- Courtyard by Marriott, Pune
- Courtyard by Marriott, Pune Hinjewadi
- Courtyard by Marriott, Pune Chakan
Stay vouchers are not transferable, i.e., original guest in whose name the stay is booked will have to be around. Also, remember, booking via a third party will not give you access to loyalty benefits with the Marriott chain.
I am surprised that Marriott chooses to engage with a third party to source reservations but is not offering this promotion on their own website where they don’t have to pay commissions.
Here is the salient T&C:
- No refunds will be given towards the complimentary night or in exchange of the complimentary night voucher. The guest will be given the choice of staying an additional night over and above the paid nights.
- Complimentary night voucher are not transferable
- This offer is only valid on the standard / base category room type. This offer is not valid on concierge level rooms.
- Complimentary night voucher is redeemable for stays until the 30th September 2014 – stay must commence before 30th September 2014.
- A stay is defined as a minimum of 2 consecutive paid nights spent at the hotel, with no breaks between check-in/check-out.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. In addition this offer is not valid for group travel, package tours or conventions.
- Complimentary stay vouchers can only be redeemed on the next consecutive stay at the same hotel where the original paid reservation has been made. The voucher will state the name of the hotel.
- Complimentary night voucher cannot be extended past redemption validity under any circumstances.
Bottomline: For vacationers, it might make good sense to pay for 2 nights and get 3 nights, while business travellers could book these paid nights and accumulate free nights for stay at the same hotel later.