Uber has been on an expansion spree across India, having operations in 10 cities across India now. One of the best parts about using Uber is their on-demand app, which shows you the location of the nearest cab and you can order it. There are mostly enough cars on the road to bring you one within ten minutes.
The second most favourite aspect for me about Uber, is the hassle-free transactions. You feed in your credit card details, and then Uber charges your credit card every time you make a ride with them, so no hassles of carrying cash around.
Third most important aspect, they are across price points. The UberBlack service usually has Toyota Innovas and premium cars around India, while the UberX service has midsize economy sedans. UberX usually prices at a slight premium to local transport options such as cab, but I find it reasonable enough to have made a switch to UberX in Mumbai when I can. After all, at a slight premium to the regular cabs, I get an air-conditioned car ride as well.
First up, if you don’t have an Uber account, you can sign up using my referral account, which gives you INR 300 credit to use towards your rides and gives me a similar amount as well.
Here is a summary of the fare slash across the country for them:
- Bangalore: 45% off published UberX fares for a limited time, without the use of any promo codes required. Thus UberBlack fares become INR 44 (base fare) + INR 9.9/km + INR 1.1/min and UberX fares become INR 27.5 (base fare) + INR 8.25/km + INR 0.75/min.
- Chennai: 25% off on 8 Uber/UberX rides till 23 October 2014, by applying promo code DIWALICHN. Using promo code UBERLOVESDIWALI, new users get access to 2 rides upto INR 300 free, valid uptil October 31, 2014.
- Hyderabad: 25% off on 4 Uber/UberX rides till 23 Oct 2014, by applying promo code HYDDIWALI. Using promo code UBERHYDDIWALI, new users get access to 2 rides upto INR 300 free, valid upto November 30, 2014.
- Kolkata: Half price rides to or from the airport till October 26, 2014.
- Mumbai: 25% off on prices for a limited duration (unknown till when). Thus UberBlack fares become INR 75 (base fare) + INR 12.75/km + INR 1.5/min and UberX fares become INR 37.5 (base fare) + INR 11.25/km + INR 0.75/min.
- Delhi: 25% drop on prices for a limited duration (unknown till when). Thus UberBlack fares become INR 56.25 (base fare) + INR 13.5/km + INR 1.5/min and UberX fares become INR 37.5 (base fare) + INR 11.25/km + INR 1.5/min. New users can use promo code TRYUBERDELHI and get access to one free ride up to INR 400.
- Pune: Half price rides to or from the airport till October 26, 2014.
I for sure enjoy most of my Uber rides around India. Time for you to check them out as well. However, beware of surge pricing.