Etihad is quickly turning into one of my favourite airline and mileage program as well. Not just a great airline First Class product, they are also part owner of Jet Airways’ frequent flyer program in India, and have some great domestic redemptions on offer. Apart from that, they are partners with Citi PremierMiles and Prestige, which ensures you can get Gold Status as well as miles on tap. Of course, there are bonus offers as well off and on.
And one more generous promotion just came our way. Etihad has announced that if you book your mileage tickets before December 10, 2014, for redemptions on Etihad metal, you get 25% of your mileage back into your account, after the completion of your trip. One of the pre-conditions, is that the member from whose account the mileage is deducted should be one of the members of the travelling party. The maximum number of miles that would be refunded would be 50,000 Etihad Guest Miles.
Here are the salient Terms & Conditions:
- This offer is eligible for redemptions on Etihad GuestSeats, OpenSeats, and the Miles portion of the Miles + Cash redemption option.
- This offer is applicable on one way or return flights with Etihad Airways.
- This offer is valid on all destinations with Etihad Airways irrespective of flight origin.
- The 25% bonus miles will only be awarded against the value of the miles redeemed. To receive the bonus miles, Etihad Guest members must book their redemption flight(s) between November 28th 2014 to December 10th 2014.
- The Etihad Guest member making the redemption booking must be a passenger on this travel itinerary.
- The bonus miles will only be awarded once the entire journey has been completed by the Etihad Guest member who booked the redemption flight.
- If there is any ticket refund, full or partial, the complete value of the bonus miles will be deducted from the member’s account (taking into account the refund amount).
- All travel must be completed by December 31st, 2015.
- The maximum number of bonus miles awarded per redemption for this promotion is 50,000 Etihad Guest Miles.
- No black-out dates apply.
- Etihad Guest reserves the right to change this promotion at any time.
I’ll get back to planning where all I can head out with Etihad now, but you guys need to give this promotion a serious thought. Etihad Guest is not a fully automated program I suspect and it takes time to get things done, for instance aeons to get me 300 miles from a partner. However, this offer has a lot of value in it, and I’ll sure be hoping to use it.