Hello from Mumbai, where I’m writing in from my new pad where I moved in last week. Since I was in the midst of moving homes, I was not able to put out a recap of the week. Hence, a double week summary for all of you. I hope you’d be able to find the posts of your interest:
The Novice Perspective
- Say hello to Shipra, who is the first contributor to the blog. She has written in her second post about airport lounges. Do encourage her with feedback and comments.
Air India Flying Returns
- Air India became a member of the Star Alliance last year. However, they can’t seem to get it right about how to use Air India miles for Star Alliance Redemptions. What are your experiences?
- Convenience fees is going away on Jet Airways’ Award Redemptions, if you book these online.
- JetPrivilege is significantly enhancing the Upgrade with Miles feature and bringing in line the Upgrade costs with the new redemption chart.
- With the HDFC Bank JetPrivilege Debit Card, you can extend the validity of your JP Miles for 2 years, for a nominal cost. You get some miles for signup as well. Open till February 15, 2015.
Miles & Points
- March onwards, Club Vistara & Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer programs will be in a partnership, allowing you to earn and burn on both carriers over a period of time.
- British Airways will be restructured the Executive Club program with effect from April 2015 both on Earning & Burning. Find out if you’re affected.
- A roundup of all the Hotel promotions running this time of the year, along with the Indian specials.
- Vistara will be flying to Goa and Hyderabad from the second half of February 2015 onwards. Routes are open for booking.
- Delhi Airport may be cheaper for flying in and out of again.
- Jet Airways has a whole lot of Boeing 737s but each looks different from the other. Can they make them look and feel the same please?