There was a great new association announced in the loyalty marketing space yesterday. Starwood’s loyalty program SPG tied up with Uber to offer SPG and Uber members the potential to earn SPG loyalty points for their Uber rides. On the face of it, this is great news for regular Uber users who may also be frequent guests of Starwood hotels.
Here is the lowdown:
- You earn 1 StarPoints every time you spend USD 1 on an Uber ride, approximately INR 63. You earn for Uber rides around the world
- When you are staying at a SPG property, between those dates, you earn between 2-4 StarPoints depending on your status with SPG (2 points for base members, 3 for Gold and 4 for Platinum members per 1 USD spent).
- You need to have at least 1 stay in a calendar year to start earning SPG StarPoints for your Uber rides. Signup Here to start earning.
- You can earn for up to USD 10,000 spend in a calendar year.
- The email address on your Uber account and your SPG account should be the same.
I think this is a great partnership, for a simple reason that everyone benefits from this everyday. For instance, I am a big time user of Uber’s services in India, and I easily bill about INR 5000 with them in a month at least, so that is a cool 80 SPG points for taking rides I’d anyways take.
All I got to do now, is to make use of one SPG hotel stay at the earliest to get my partnership started. If you are new to Uber, you could get a free ride worth INR 300 by using my referral link now!
How do you intend to use this Uber-awesome SPG partnership?