JetPrivilege, the frequent flyer program for Jet Airways, has been in upgrade mode over the past 6 months. They did a few awesome (couple not so awesome) things over the months:
- More benefits for Platinums, including a +1 guest at the lounge
- Convenience fee goes away on online redemptions
- Extended validity for your miles if you have a Jet cobranded card
- Introduced mileage earning for kids, and also upgrade mileage burning for kids
- Launched family mileage pooling
- Enhanced domestic redemptions and removed fuel surcharges
- Enhanced mileage earning
Now, lets come to the point. This new earning of tier points was not something I have still internalised. So, when I put my fiancée Shipra on her last flight over the weekend, I was still counting the number of tier points she needed to earn for her next tier upgrade all wrong.
With a little bit of smart planning from our side and some nice business class fares, Shipra went to silver in no time. And is now on the cusp of gold status on Jet, just because the fare code she booked into earns more than 1 tier point per sector.
The benefits of course, are great, since gold would get her lounge access and priority bag tagging on her own, and we will finally be able to select seats ahead of time. Of course, there are 3 more upgrade vouchers to be had as well.
This is a sweet upgrade to the program. Any one of you hitting your elite tier goals faster due to the new benefits?