Jet Airways has upped the game in terms of running promotions and engaging with frequent flyers. The other day, I received a promotion which offered tier points on bookings tickets directly with Jet Airways, which is perhaps going to help a few people to tide over to becoming a Jet elite in case they choose to maximise the promotion.
As a quick primer, Jet Airways monitors tier qualification on the basis of tier points and tier miles. Some long-haul fliers may be able to get less segments, but because of the large amount of long distance flights they have, they’ll get lots of elite qualification miles. On the other hand, some other fliers will do a lot of shorthaul flying like my self. They do short segments but loads of them, and should also be called elite, but this comes with their tier points count. Each flight on Jet Airways/JetKonnect and other partner airlines, when booked under a 9W code, earns you tier points. Jet Airways recently rejigged the number of tier points you could earn for a flight, hence making it easier for you to become an elite.
Now, every time you buy a ticket via Jet Airways website, or via the app, you get an extra tier point for every booking (PNR) you make. This is over and above the 500 JP Miles you get per sector you book directly with Jet Airways. Here are the details of the promotion:
- Offer valid on First Class, Première and Economy fares across flights operated by Jet Airways.
- Tickets must be purchased between June 22, 2015 and July 21, 2015.
- Travel must commence on or after June 22, 2015 and the entire journey must be completed on or before September 30, 2015.
- To avail this offer, it is mandatory for members to enter their JetPrivilege number at the time of booking.
- Bonus of 1 Tier Point will be awarded for every PNR booked irrespective of the number of guests and segments booked on the PNR.
- Bonus of 1 Tier Point will be awarded on a flown basis and will be credited to the member’s JetPrivilege account within 7 days from the date of travel.
- Here are the complete T&C.
In my view, this is an excellent promotion for Jet Airways’ elites to requalify or get an upgrade to the next tier. While I already have a lot of my travel booked for the days ahead, I’d have made use of this promotion if it came in 3 weeks ago when I was booking up some travel with Jet Airways.
P.S.: If you wanted, you could even get an INR 1000 cashback per booking with Ixigo at the moment!
Are you going to be using this promotion to its true potential? Do let me know how in the comments.