The collaboration between JetPrivilege and HDFC Bank goes back to 2012. HDFC Bank was the first bank to launch a co-branded credit card along with JetPrivilege, and the only bank so far which has a co-branded debit card on offer as well. While this was a great partnership, they also outdid themselves yesterday with the launch of the HDFC Bank Diners Club Black – JetPrivilege co-branded credit card. I’d heard rumors and had spotted this card on the HDFC Bank website once before, but totally forgot bringing it up for you guys then.
The card comes with some great benefits to boot, and at an INR 10,000 fee for the first year, and INR 5,000 second year onwards, competes very well in the premium credit card market without pinching the pocket too much. Here are some of the benefits from the HDFC JetPrivilege Diners Black Credit Card:
- 15 Jet Airways Tier Points for signup & 5 Tier Points for renewal every year: Jet Airways qualifies you for your elite membership upgrade on the basis of tier points you earn every year. After their rejig earlier this year, it is possible to earn more tier-points on every flight you take, but still, to have 15 tier-points as a head start is a great thing I believe. That would make them the first Indian partnership to go live with such a benefit.
- A free one-way base fare ticket: Like is the usual with all higher-end JetPrivilege co-branded cards, you get a free one-way economy ticket code for domestic travel around India, which is a great reason to have this card.
- Upto 30,000 JP Miles as sign-up bonus: The new card offers you 15,000 JP Miles on signup and first swipe, and 15,000 JP Miles on spending INR 150,000 within 90 days since card setup. On renewals, you get 10,000 JP Miles after first transaction.
- Ongoing 8 JP Miles/INR 150 spent with 3x for Jet Airways: While the other Jet co-branded cards at HDFC Bank offer lower number of points on an on-going basis, this one goes head to head with the Jet Airways Amex co-branded credit card. Also, you get 24 JPMiles/INR 150 when you spend on jetairways.com with this card.
- 1 Tier Point/INR 150,000 spent: The only partnership in India that offers earning of JetPrivilege tier-points on credit card spends is with HDFC Bank. With this card, you get 1 tier-point for INR 150,000 spent.
- Classic Banking Services: The entry-level premium-banking experience from HDFC Bank, which allows you to get a dedicated Personal Banker, Relationship Pricing and other stuff from HDFC Bank if you have an account.
Unlike the other Jet Airways’ co- branded cards, there is no free option for this one for JetPrivilege Platinum members. I’d jump on this one, but I just signed on for the other Diners Club Black, precisely to earn currencies which I won’t have earned otherwise in India. And I have a healthy balance of JP Miles that I earn every month. The only catch is acceptance for Diners Club cards in India at the moment.
Bottomline: This is a fantastic product construct, and if you’re in the market for a new super-premium credit card, this could just be the one that you’d like to have.
What do you think about this new card and how many of you are signing up for it?
(H.T. to Raghu)