Like many of you know, ITC, apart from the tobacco business, also has a big stake in running a hospitality business around India. They run hotels under the ITC Hotels brand name, and this consists of 20 luxury hotels around India, apart from many mid-tier properties under the Welcom and Fortune hotels brands. some of these hotels participate in the SPG loyalty program as Luxury Collection properties. All of them, however participate in ITC’s own apparel and hotel loyalty program called Club ITC.
The Luxury of Choice Promotion
ITC has released a new promotion for ITC Club members, called The Luxury of Choice. Under this promotion, you earn a Rewards Certificate for every 3 eligible stays or spends of INR 60,000 at over 50 participating ITC hotels, Welcom hotels and Fortune hotels. The promotion is valid for stays and spend between May 1, 2016 and September 30, 2016. To participate all you need to do is quote your Club ITC membership number when making reservation.
The reward certificate earned can be used for any one of these reward options:
- A complimentary night at over 50 participating ITC Hotels
- INR 4,000 worth of dining voucher for redemption at ITC hotel restaurants
- INR 4,000 worth of Wills Lifestyle merchandise at exclusive stores
- 2,000 Bonus Club ITC Green Points
- 4,000 JPMiles for JetPrivilege members
A maximum of 5 Rewards Certificates can be earned in this promotion. Every multiple of 3 stays/INR 60,000 spend will entitle you to 1 Reward Certificate.
For a room night, you would be charged 1 Reward Certificate, however, for a suite night, you would be charged 2 Reward Certificates. Hence, for a stay at the ITC Grand Bharat, you need 2 certificates instead of one (all-suites hotel).The complete list of hotels participating in the promotion can be viewed here
While at most hotels, you would be able to redeem your free night all times of the week, at the following hotels, you could only check-in over the weekend:
- New Delhi: ITC Maurya, Sheraton New Delhi & WelcomHotel Dwarka
- Mumbai: ITC Maratha and ITC Grand Central
- Kolkata: ITC Sonar
- Hyderabad: ITC Kakatiya
- Chennai: ITC Grand Chola, My Fortune
- Bengaluru: ITC Gardenia and ITC Windsor
- Vadodara: WelcomHotel Vadodara
- Vishakapatnam: WelcomHotel Grand Bay
- Aurangabad: WelcomHotel Rama International
- Chandigarh: WelcomHotel Bella Vista
- Jodhpur: WelcomHotel Jodhpur
These Reward Certificates can be redeemed until January 31, 2017 and black out periods will apply for redemption. There are other options as well, like dining or shopping worth INR 4,000 or JP Miles, however, personally I think the strongest option available is the stays option.
For anyone who travels across India on business, the network of ITC hotels, which is pretty elaborate, could make sense. However, for the metro traveller, the temptation is always to put those points on the Starwood program as well.
ITC is one of the strongest Indian hotel network out there and considering the footprint of ITC hotels in India this is great promotion to make good use of on your business travels.
Are you going to make use of this promotion? Tell us which reward option appeals to you the most.