I have to admit, I was not born an #avgeek, but I’ve been one for as long as I remember. Planes and their types catch my fancy very easily. If you are like me, then you sure must have heard of the Farnborough International Airshow held at London every year. Billed as the world’s greatest airshow, this is one event which I’ve been eying for a couple of years, but miss it usually because I don’t really track it that closely, or, like this year it happened, I ran out of pages on my passport to get a visa stamped.
But if you are able to get there at a short notice, there is a wonderful way to be hosted and wined and dined. SPG Moments, the experiences portal of Starwood’s SPG program, has partnered with Qatar Airways to host two people, absolutely in VIP style at the Farnborough International Airshow.
Here is the inclusion in the experience:
- Passes for two (2) to the Farnborough International Airshow with VIP access to the Qatar Airways Chalet on 11 July 2016
- Complimentary food and beverages for two (2) while in the chalet
- Two-night (2-night) stay for two (2) in a Club Room at the Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow, checking in 10 July and checking out 12 July 2016
- Breakfast in the Club Lounge
- Private transfer for two (2) between the hotel and airshow
- One (1) FC Barcelona jersey signed by eight (8) players including Messi, Neymar and Suarez
- Hosted by Sheraton Skyline Hotel & Qatar Airways
Now, if you really are an #avgeek, you know how this is your opportunity to run into and wine and dine with the people who make those planes and those who sell them to the airlines. The inclusions are pretty good, because just the rooms at Sheraton Skyline for that weekend are going at GBP 244 upwards, and just a visitor pass, without any invites to the Chalets will be at about GBP 36 per day.
The experience counts…
Of course being a guest of Qatar Airways counts, apart from the goodies they send your way, which is specially interesting if you are a Football fan. The bid for this SPG Moments auction started at 14,000 Starpoints, which I thought was really cheap, and is still pretty cheap at 26,000 Starpoints. Here is the link to the auction website.
Of course, like you see, you only have two days to put your hat in the ring. But before you do so, do check your passport. You don’t want to bid like I did and realize you don’t have a spare page to really make it work!
Are you bidding for the #avgeek SPG Moments of the year?