January 2017 was a remarkable month for both Shipra and myself. After coming back from our rather short vacation from Australia (hey, 20 days there is not much, ok!), we got down to business, along with preparing to move homes within Mumbai. That should explain infrequent postings over some days as the lack of Internet kills it. We are settling in just now, and are trying to do our best currently to keep you posted with everything as it happens. The much requested credit card strategy should also be out soon.
Here are the most read stories of January 2017
Perhaps the most lucrative promotion out there for one stay only! SPG Gold gets you Marriott Gold which gets you free breakfast and more…
This has already kicked in today, and I’m looking at the thin traffic at Mumbai Airport on FlightRadar24 as I write this. However I think I just saw a plane land on the runway which was supposed to be closed, and one take off as well. Will do a check later and report back.
There is a press conference today by Etihad & Lufthansa. I’m waiting to see what they announce.
Vistara is the new kid on the block, looking for new elites to be crowned. Are you going to be one of them?
The world has come to Emirates trying to monetise their First Class lounges. Did you know you could find your way in from Economy Class as well by paying $200.
One of the best cards out there for JetPrivilege and Jet Airways tickets. Comes with 15 tier points and lots of points to start up! Check it out.
Have a great February 2017, and I’ll go back to the presentation of the Union Budget. Enjoy Valentine’s day this month!
Trips & Travels
Cards & Rewards
- HDFC Bank JetPrivilege Diners Club Card Review
- Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card Review
- SPG & Marriott Gold for One Stay offer through July 2017
- Free Uber rides with MasterCard
News & Views
- Hong Kong scraps Visa-on-Arrival for Indians
- Emirates offering paid First Class Lounge Access in Dubai
- Mumbai Airport runway closure February through April 2017
- Austrian Hotel suffers Cyber Attack, Hackers are paid Ransom in Bitcoins
- Bizarre! Air India to launch women-only seating
- Breaking: James Hogan leaving Etihad Airways
- Jet Airways now asking for Aadhar during bookings
- Air India is making their First Class great again
- Breaking: Etihad & Lufthansa considering Merger?
- Lufthansa denies talks with Etihad for merger
- Air India to launch a new flight to Copenhagen on a 787
- Air India will launch non-stop Delhi – Washington DC flight in July 2017
Promotions & Updates
- What does the IHG Accelerate in 2017 offer you?
- Earn up to 100000 Gold Points in Club Carlson’s new promotion
- Marriott’s MegaBonus 2017 Promotion is Now Open for Registration
- British Airways offering Triple Avios Globally
- Earn Double Points with SPG on Your First 3 stays
- How to get Vistara Platinum with a Status Match
- IHG releases list of hotels for 5000 Points under PointBreaks
- Deal: 15% Discount on Jet Airways through March 2017
- Taj Hotels & Resorts are offering up to 20% off until June 2017
- Jet Airways Sale: Upto 30% off on International flights + Domestic discounts
- Deal: Make your travel 20% cheaper with Cleartrip gift cards
- Deal: 20% Discount on Jet Airways for Amex holders
- Starwood and Uber Partnership goes south, literally!