With effect from this morning, Jet Airways has launched their Billion Miles Festival, where they are offering 1 Billion Miles up for flights that are booked and flown on Jet Airways between the period February 21, 2017 to March 31, 2017. Every flight gets you bonus miles. You could be anywhere in the world but need to be a JetPrivilege member to get these miles.
- First Class flight (per sector): 10000 bonus JPMiles
- Business Class (per sector): 5000 bonus JPMiles
- Economy (per sector): 1500 bonus JPMiles
These bonus miles are over and above the bonuses you get to book direct with Jet Airways (250 JPMiles per segment) and any cabin and tier bonuses accrued to you.
100K JPMiles everyday and 1 Million JPMiles for 1 winner
Everyday 1 lucky winner will get 100K bonus JPMiles for 40 days, and 1 big winner will get 1 Million JPMiles through the course of the promotion.
To be eligible for this promotion, you need to be updating your JP number at the time of booking, and not claiming miles retrospectively. Else you lose out on the oppoprtunity to participate in the draw.
A daily draw would be conducted for flights travelled on the previous day and one winner will be selected. So, today’s flights will get a winner tomorrow. For the grand prize, the winner will be announced on April 5, 2017.
How does this work
Here is how it works. You book a flight on Jet Airways’ own website between the above dates for travel between the same dates. For instance, today you can book a flight for March 28, 2017 and fly on that flight to receive bonus miles. The key part is that you can’t use this promotion with fares booked through travel agents, it has to be booked directly with the airline. The promotion is valid only on 9W and 9W codeshare booked flights. You need to be flying a revenue class (not a redemption ticket) to get these bonus miles!
There may be a scenario where you are doing a hopping flight. Here is how the Jet Airways’ website explains how many miles you get:
- Direct flight (same flight number): A Member has booked a one way ticket from Delhi to Kolkata in Economy, then the member will earn 1,500 Bonus JPMiles.
- Connecting flight (different flight numbers): for a flight from Mumbai to Varanasi via Delhi in Economy with separate flight numbers, the Member will earn 3,000 Bonus JPMiles.
- Connecting flight (same flight number): for a flight from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram via Bengaluru, if the connecting flight has the same flight number (9W823), the Member will earn either 1,500 Bonus JPMiles per segment i.e Delhi to Bengaluru (1,500 Bonus JPMiles) and Bengaluru to Thiruvananthapuram (1,500 Bonus JPMiles) if the booking has been priced segment-wise or the Member will earn 1,500 Bonus JPMiles if the booking has been priced for a direct sector.
I talked to people at Jet Airways and JetPrivilege last night about this promotion, and they told me the inspiration to do this was to reward their frequent travellers! Jayaraj Shanmugam, Chief Commercial Officer, Jet Airways, said,
The Billion Miles Festival is not only a gesture of our gratitude and appreciation to our JetPrivilege (JP) members for their loyalty, but also, a warm invitation to non-member guests to join the JP reward programme and start collecting JPMiles. Guests can earn JPMiles and redeem them against flights across our extensive network. Be it London to Leh or Brussels to Brisbane, our global network and connectivity with strategic code-share partners will enable guests to make the most of The Billion Miles Festival.
Manish Dureja, MD, Jet Privilege Pvt Ltd., said
It has always been our constant endeavour to create opportunities that will fulfil people’s aspiration to fly. The Billion Miles Festival, where millions of members will get the opportunity to collect bonus JPMiles upon travel during the offer period, is a great way to fulfil this aspiration. This new offer strengthens our overall value proposition for our members and our commitment of always making their travel experience rewarding and memorable. We look forward to welcome our members with lot of excitement.
This is a very very generous promotion I say, and great for Jet Airways to assert their leadership in the market once again. These miles are good for travel for 13 quarters from the date of accrual, so they have a great proposition. At 5000 JPMiles for a Mumbai-Goa flight, imagine the number of times you could be going to Goa if you won some miles! Not just that, with tonnes of partner airlines to redeem the miles on, the jackpot could be good for some RTW trips too…
Are you staking claim to the grand prize of 1 Million Miles? Can I say Out of my way please? Pretty Please!!!!!!!