JetPrivilege is currently running a promotion where you get up to 40% bonus JPMiles on buying miles through the end of March 2017.
The usual cost of buying JPMiles is INR 1.25 per JPMile, apart from a 15% tax (a total of INR 1.44), but in this case your cost comes down to INR 1.02 inclusive of taxes per mile on the top-most tier. The promotion is valid only if you buy more than 5000 JPMiles in a single transaction and is a tiered promotion.
One needs to register for this promotion, which can be done here.
Here are the essential Terms & Conditions:
- Applicable for JPMiles bought online at jetarways.com or jetprivilege.com.
- Buy a minimum of 5,000 JPMiles and in multiples of 100 thereafter. No maximum limit for buying JPMiles.
- This offer is valid between Mar 1, 2017 and Mar 31, 2017 only (both days inclusive).
- JPMiles purchased will not be considered for a Tier Upgrade / Retention / Renewal.
- JPMiles purchased can only be used for redemption purposes only i.e. You can utilize the JPMiles purchased towards redeeming an award ticket or a JPMiles Upgrade.
Should you go for this promotion?
This promotion is similar to the one ran in August 2016. At that point of time, for the last 3 days, JetPrivilege also offered an additional 10% bonus as a flash sale. I won’t be looking at this promotion given the large balance of JPMiles I’m already sitting on. If you need miles to book a certain redemption ticket and you are short, maybe you could go for this promotion. Alternatively, if you do have the time, you could look at some mileage running during the Billion Miles festival as well.
Remember, sometimes JPMiles are a boon for last minute trips domestically as well as internationally. But always check the price of the ticket versus the price of the miles being sold to compare where do you come out better.
Will you be buying miles in this promotion of JetPrivilege?