Like you know, Emirates got caught up in the crossfire from the new US administration where they banned electronics in the cabin. Emirates is one of the biggest beneficiary of Indian subcontinent originating traffic going to the Americans via the middle-east. Clearly, while they worked up other measures to keep their traffic sticky, the one thing they could easily do is to offer miles for people who still would want to travel with them.
On completion of an Economy return trip, you get 10000 Skywards miles as a bonus, and on completion of a Business Class/First Class return trip, you get 15,000 bonus Skywards miles. If you fly one-way, they give you 1/2 the number of miles.
Emirates calls it the West Asia to USA Bonus Miles Offer 2017. As per the promotion, those people who are members of the Emirates Skywards program are eligible for tonnes of bonus miles when they choose to fly Emirates to the US from the subcontinent. You need to be flying a revenue ticket between the following originating airports and the USA: Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Trivandrum, Kochi, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Sialkot, Multan, Peshawar, Colombo, and Dhaka.
Here are the details:
- The Emirates Skywards ‘West Asia to US Bonus Miles Offer 2017’ promotion is open to all Skywards members who:
- Are residents in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka.
- Are Emirates Skywards members, or who become a member by 30 April 2017.
- Purchase and complete issuance of a return ticket on eligible flights operated and marketed by Emirates between 21 March and 30 April 2017, as per the ‘Date of Issue’ on the e-ticket receipt. Tickets issued on the Special fare brand are excluded from the offer.
- Complete travel between 27 March and 23 June 2017.
- Have registered for the promotion before travel commences. Skysurfers can register only with consent from their Parent/Guardian.
- An Emirates Skywards member who, at the discretion of Emirates Skywards, satisfies the conditions set out in clause one, will be awarded bonus Skywards Miles in addition to Skywards Miles normally earned in respect of the flight.
- 10,000 Skywards Miles will be credited upon completion of the journey in Economy Class, 15,000 Miles upon completion of the journey in Business Class and First Class for travel to all Emirates operated and marketed destinations in United States.
- One way journeys will earn half the amount of bonus Miles.
- To qualify for the promotion, the journey must originate from any of the following airports:
- Tickets purchased under Cash plus Miles are not eligible for the bonus.
- If a member has registered for two or more Skywards promotions and has flown on a flight that qualifies for bonus Miles under each promotion, only the higher of the two eligible bonuses will be earned. This does not apply to the First Flight Bonus which is applied mandatorily.
- Bonuses apply as per the original ticketed class, excluding any subsequent reward or complimentary upgrades, or other changes.
- Bonus Miles are applicable on both, return and one-way journeys.
- The Skywards member will be notified of the mileage credit in their membership statements or they can view their mileage online at emirates.com.
- Any tickets ineligible for normal Skywards Miles accrual are also excluded from earning bonus Miles. These are detailed in Skywards’ terms and conditions.
This is a lucrative promotion, and those who don’t have the bother of using a laptop or such devices on their way to the US should consider this while making their American travel plans! You can book Emirates here.