Marriott Rewards used to offer reward points just to follow their social accounts, however the amounts were paltry. Now, they have upped the stakes and are running this cool promotion named #REWARDSPOINTS where they are giving away free 1000 MR points to members who connect with them and follow them on social media.
You can earn 750 points by simply connecting your Facebook, Twitter and Facebook account
and another 250 points by following Marriott Rewards on Twitter and Instagram.
Here’s how you can register for this social media promotion :
- Click on to www.mr-points.com
- Select the social media platforms you want to connect your account to.
- Sign into your social media profile. If you’re already signed in, you will be re-directed to the registration page.
- Enter your information and then just click the Complete button. You will get a prompt to saying ‘Welcome to #RewardsPoints!’
- To earn the 250 bonus points use the buttons to follow @MarriottRewards on Twitter and Instagram.
Marriott Rewards promises to post the points within an hour of completing every action. Though make sure to set your Twitter and Instagram social profiles to Public to enable them to post the reward points.
A maximum of 45,000 points can be earned every calendar year through this promotion. Marriott Rewards will continue to launch campaigns through the year which will give you the opportunity to earn the rest 44,000 MR after the initial 1000.
45,000 MR points can get you 6 reward nights at over 200 plus category 1 Marriott hotels or 3 nights at the newest Marriott Resort & Spa in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. Or a night in London at Marriott’s properties in the centre of London, such as the London Marriott Park Lane.
Also keep in mind that 45,000 MR points = 15,000 SPG points, which can again get you some fabulous redemption nights across Starwood and some ITC hotels in India.
Additional reading :
- 10 Great Hotels in India for Spending your SPG and Marriott Rewards Points
- 10 great new redemption options for Marriott Rewards members courtesy Starwood Hotels
- 10 New Marriott Destinations that Starwood Members Should look out for Redemptions
Free points never hurt and this is an easy way to earn points without having to spend a single dime. If you are not a Marriott Rewards member then all you have to do is enroll for the membership. If you are one there is really no reason why you shouldn’t register for this one.