The Jet Airways American Express Platinum card was launched in 2012, and has been a staple fixture in my wallet ever since. This is one card which comes with some great benefits, all of which I’ve used at some point or the other.
The Jet Airways American Express Platinum Card offers the following benefits which are useful for accumulating JPMiles:
- 8 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions, making it 5.33 JPMiles for every Rs. 100 spent.
- 16 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 spent for booking revenue tickets on jetairways.com, making it 10.66 JPMiles for every Rs. 100 spent.
- You also get 10,000 JPMiles in the first year towards obtaining the card, and 5,000 JPMiles towards renewing it every year.
- With a JPMiles Earning Co-branded card, you get to keep your JPMiles alive for 5 years instead of the usual 3 years.
Beyond that, there is a special offer currently being offered, which brings on an added 2,000 JPMiles as well.
Free Economy Class Ticket
Besides, you get a free ticket code per annum, which can be used for a free Jet Airways Economy Flight, to be booked at least 14 days out. These free ticket codes, when used strategically, help me recoup the value of the card in one go.
5% Discount on Jet Airways Economy Tickets
The Card offers 5% discount on Jet Airways Economy Class tickets booked for travel across India or International segments, as long as they are in the following classes: Y, M, T, U, N, L, Q, S, K, H, V, O, W.
Lounge Access at 10 Airports
The credit card comes with complimentary access to 13 lounges across 10 airports in India. This includes the Amex Lounge in Delhi, which is my preferred lounge when passing through Terminal 3 in Delhi. The other lounges include:
- Bengaluru Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic)
- Bengaluru Plaza Premium Lounge (Transit)
- Bhubaneswar Mayfair Lounge (Domestic)
- Chennai Travel Club (Domestic)
- Cochin Earth Lounge (Domestic)
- Goa Golden Chariot (Domestic)
- Hyderabad Plaza Premium (Domestic)
- Hyderabad Plaza Premium (Transit)
- Jaipur Club One Class Lounge
- Kolkata Travel Club (Domestic)
- Mumbai Travel Club (Domestic Terminal 2)
- Pune Port Lounge (Domestic)
Dedicated Check-In & Excess Baggage
Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card holders qualify for dedicated check-in facility on Jet Airways flights, at 6 airports in India which include Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
For Excess Baggage, those flying in Premiere get an additional 10 kgs and those flying Economy get an additional 5 kgs over and above their basic baggage allowance on their ticket.
Other Benefits include offers from Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, as well as a free Priority Pass. Additionally you get Preferred Hotels & Resorts free Elite Tier which is the highest tier in their program.
Fees & Special Offer
Usually, first year offer is 10000 JPMiles, however, with this specific link, you get 12000 JPMiles in the first year. Fees for the first year is INR 5000 + GST
I’ve had this card for over five years and hardly had any issues with this card. The customer care is great, the card benefits, such as visits to the Delhi T3 lounge are very nice as well. Additionally, you frequently receive larger discounts such as 15%-20% on tickets.