Earlier this month the Intercontinental Hotels Group unveiled a new mid-scale brand targeting millennial travellers. The new brand is called Avid Hotels and rooms here will be priced even USD 10-15 less than the rooms at the Holiday Inn Express hotels. IHG plans to start construction of the first Avid Hotel early next year and plans to open it up for guests a year later in 2019.
Here are some of the features that will be salient to all Avid Hotels :
- All hotels will be newly constructed on a 1.5-acre lot, with a maximum capacity of 100 rooms and a minimum of three stories.
- Hotels have modern exteriors with open, eye-catching red architectures with a red stairwell and a canopy.
- There will be an emphasis on communal spaces allowing guests to relax, work, connect and eat.
- Complimentary breakfast and marketplace options will be made available for guests to grab a quick bite.
- Guests will have access to hi-speed Wi-fi in the entire hotel premises. Additionally, IHG Rewards Club members will be automatically able to connect to the internet for all future visits.
All Avid hotels will offer only two types of rooms, king and queen. Rooms will be designed with sound reducing features and the bathrooms will have a fresh and bright interior design. Guest rooms will also come with dedicated workspace, easy-to-use storage, and the in-room entertainment system will allow guests to stream content from their smart devices onto the in-room TVs.
As for Avid Hotels, the largest competition will arise from Airbnb. However, in today’s day and age, there are a number of hotels that are working on new amid-scale brands to their portfolio like, Tru by Hilton, Jo and Joe by Accor and Moxy by Marriott.
What do you think of IHG’s new mid-scale brand? Would you choose an Avid hotel over an Airbnb stay?