Etihad Guest, the frequent flyer program of Etihad Airways, is offering 20% bonus on miles earned by converting from select programs to Etihad Guest between March 1, 2018, and March 31, 2018 (both dates inclusive). They have been running this promotion for few years and this is another one on similar lines. Here are the 2016 and 2017 variants of this promotion. And under are the details of the Etihad Guest Transfer Bonus 2018.
The following programs qualify for the transfer bonus:
Here are all the terms and condition of this promotion:
- The offer is valid for Points to Miles conversions made between 1st March 2018 and 31st March 2018 (both days inclusive).
- Participating points conversion partners: Accor Hotels, Club Carlson(Rezidor), Citibank UAE*only, Emirates Islamic Bank*, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, IHG, Joyalukkas, NBAD, Shangri-La, Etisalat Rewards, Commercial Bank of Dubai, HSBC, Boubyan Bank, ADCB TouchPoints.
- Non-participating points conversion partners: Flybuys Rewards, AMEX MR(*ALL), Citibank ROW*, Marriott Rewards and Starwood are excluded from this promotion.
- Base Etihad Guest Miles converted by the member will be awarded as per the applicable conversion ratios of each respective partner.
- Bonus Etihad Guest Miles earned during this promotion will reflect in the member’s Etihad Guest membership account within 15 days of the end date of the promotion.
- If an Etihad Guest member holds credit cards and/or Hotel loyalty programme cards of different banks and hotels and converts the rewards points to Etihad Guest Miles under this promotion, then the number of Bonus Guest Miles he/she will earn will reflect separately in the members account for each partner.
This is an okay promotion, given the range of transfer partners excluded from the transfer promotion. We usually do not recommend transferring hotel points to a transfer partner. But, if you have any stray hotel points it may be a good idea to initiate a transfer.