Hello everyone from Mumbai. This has been an extraordinary week in the space. As I write this, Marriott & Starwood websites are both down, as they integrate the loyalty programs to make one massive loyalty program. Hopefully, all of this goes glitch-free, and we will all see the fruits of our loyalty in the next 24 hours.
Ashwant took off on his vacation two weeks into his joining the team, so keep an eye on his adventures on Instagram. I’m finally glad we managed to get our 90,000 Avios from Iberia’s fantastic offer, just two months late, but what the heck. On the other hand, we’ve been slightly preoccupied trying to help where we can with the Kochi/Kerala incidents. Remember, if you’d like to help, donate. I know you’ve heard a lot of that by now, so we won’t plug that often, but do what you can.
Read more on our weekly roundup.
Our Top Stories
Last week, we rolled out LiveFromALounge.Plus, our events website. We also added a few events which we do invite you to explore. Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi NCR all get Mileage Mentor MasterClass workshops in the coming months. If you would like to learn everything miles and points we can share, sign up.
There are significant developments in Kochi as well, and we are keeping an eye on them for you. Commercial flights will restart to the Kochi Naval Airbase on Monday. SpiceJet became the first no-frills airline in India to launch IFE. And we have the exclusive scoop on Air Vistara’s retro aircraft.
- Kerala Floods cause Kochi airport shut down for ten days!
- One Vistara Aircraft I am chasing!
- Breaking: Spicejet IFE rolled out!
New and Views
There is news that JetPrivilege may be in play to get more funds for Jet Airways. Not just that, we have planned the first Points & Pints for Mumbai on September 1, so join in. We are trying to bring together the miles and points community in Mumbai at a taproom, and you can hope to meet other smart minds like yourself and network. Also, some giveaways are happening too! Wink Wink.
- Kochi Airport shut down through August 26
- One Vistara Aircraft to definitely fly on
- JetPrivege may be sold to a Private Equity investor
- Spicejet rolls out In-Flight Entertainment!
Cards and Rewards
Shipra finally signed up for the Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card while there are special offers going on. On the other hand, I’ve been saving up dining out with the EazyDiner Prime Dining program for American Express customers. Spending on my Axis Bank Credit Cards has been earning bonuses too.
- I got myself the Jet Airways ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
- American Express Dining Perk: free EazyDiner Prime dining discounts
- Axis Bank credit card bonus points on Vistara co-brand cards!
- Upto 40% Bonus JPMiles you buy in August 2018
Deals with Appeal
If you were planning on booking travel later in the year, Hyatt has an excellent 30% off sale. Plan your Diwali hotels if you want right now because there are some sweet prices there.
- Vistara Freedom Fares: Tickets INR 1099 onwards [Expired]
- Hyatt Sale: 30% discount across India through November 2018
Mileage Mentor MasterClass Tickets
- Mumbai: September 8, 2018 [3 Tickets Left]
- Delhi/NCR: September 22, 2018 [Early Bird Discount]
- Bangalore: October 13, 2018 [5 Tickets Left]
And while we are on the topic of discounts, you may want to look at the Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, which is available half the usual price with 100% of the benefits.Happy reading and hope you have a great week ahead!