We are less than a week away from our first Mileage Mentor MasterClass in Mumbai. Over a period, we have received a large number of requests from our readers requesting us to help them figure which are the best credit cards for travel and in turn, maximise their miles and points earning to travel better. Some people don’t know where to start, and a lot of people who’ve started are finding it challenging to wrap their heads around the business of credit card rewards, airline loyalty and hotel points.
The simple point is that we can all travel better by maximising our everyday spends and earn miles and points on our credit cards. Let me illustrate this to you through a simple example.
Picture this; two families are planning a weeklong summer vacation from Mumbai to London. They also have a similar travel budget of INR 2,00,000 lakhs each for two people.
Family 1 compares fares across various OTAs and finally decides to book economy seats on Air India. Their round-trip air ticket costs them INR 1,03,400, leaving them INR 96,600 to find a lovely apartment in London, manage their commute and for sightseeing around the city.
Family 2 is a regular reader of Live from A Lounge and have been collecting points on their travel rewards credit card. They convert points from their SBI credit card to Air India Flying Returns and book business class seats on the same Air India flight using their Flying Return miles. All they pay is INR 3,000, i.e. taxes on that ticket.
That leaves them INR 1,97,000 to plan the rest of their London trip. They get a beautiful apartment in Central London, maybe use their AMEX credit card to collect Marriott Rewards points and stay at the plush London Marriott Park Lane which is opposite the Hyde Park. They explore excellent restaurants maybe even save up enough money to add a weekend trip to Bath.
In the end, both families have a great vacation. The only difference being that the family 2 travels more comfortably and to more places with the same amount of money.
The Mileage Mentor MasterClass is intended for folks who wish to travel like family two where Ajay and I will put together all our combined expertise and experience to guide travel enthusiasts who want to travel the world in luxury.
We are doing it and so can you! Imagine flying Singapore Airlines’ First Class all the way from Mumbai to Los Angeles along with a meal in the Private Room, or Etihad Airways fabulous Etihad Apartments from New York to Sydney. We’ve travelled the length and the breadth of the world for next to free, including evergreen hotspots such as London and vacationed on secluded islands in the Maldives using imaginative redemptions. Take out a look at our list of dreamy redemptions last year.
Sign up now because today is the last day to score a discount on the Mileage Mentor Masterclass in Delhi NCR.
In these 3-hour workshops, targetted for the beginners and the intermediate level users, we will talk to you on the following lines:
- Miles & Points Concepts
- Airlines: How to Earn those Miles and How to Burn those Miles to get on the pointy edge of the plane
- Hotels: Why being loyal helps you, and how to maximise your hotel loyalty benefits
- Credit Cards: Learn how to generate miles and points on your everyday purchases, and what works best for your spends.
We are going to talk about the Indian perspective and how you can get the best seats in the house from India. A lot of workshops are already sold out, however, if you are on edge about signing up in Delhi, sign up today so that you don’t miss out on the discount and ask us which credit card you should use to pay for the Masterclass.
After the workshops, we will leave the floor open to help answer your questions. This workshop will be limited to 12 participants, and we only have five seats remaining.
Access to the Mileage Mentor MasterClass is at a fee of INR 5000 + 18% GST (INR 5900) per head. However, today is the last day to get a 20% discount. For those who sign up today, the Masterclass is available for INR 4000 + 18% GST (INR 4720 per head). We’ll make sure you get everything you need to know in these discussions to have you started on a lifetime of champagne sitting up front.
The Event details are as follows:
- Delhi NCR: September 22, 2018 (10:15 AM through 2:30 PM) at WeWork Platina Gurugram
- Early Bird Payment Link (payable by Credit Card/Debit Card/Wallets/Net Banking/UPI)
- Ticket once bought is non-refundable. You can, however, transfer your ticket to someone else.
- Free flow of hot beverages and a working lunch is included in your ticket.
- A 15-minute optional 1-1 consultation with the organisers, on the day of the workshop or later on a First Come First Serve Basis.
- Internet Access will be provided.
- In case the event is cancelled, the organiser’s liability is limited to a full refund of the fee paid.
- If you require a Tax Invoice, please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the same.
We are already sold out for next week’s MasterClass in Mumbai, however, the following workshops have some seats left but closing out fast.
- Mumbai: September 8, 2018 (10:15 AM through 2:30 PM) at WeWork Enam Sambhav (2 seats left)
- Bangalore: October 13, 2018 (10:15 AM through 2:30 PM) at WeWork Galaxy (4 places left)
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up now, and get set for your next glass of champagne on the plane at the earliest. See you at the MasterClass soon!