Hello everyone from Mumbai Airport’s Terminal 1. I’m on my way to Bengaluru to join Ajay and Shipra for the Mileage Mentor MasterClass and Points & Pints mixers there. I’ve barely got any sleep owing to my hectic schedule, and I can’t wait to grab a hot filter coffee as soon as I land there. Catch all of last week’s action in our weekly roundup while you enjoy your cuppa.
Our Top Stories
Just a few days after Etihad Airways handed over their lounge in London to No1 Lounges, Shipra got to check out the lounge’s new avatar. Jet Airways has gone digital with its voucher upgrades process and will now sell you meals on board (some of you!). A lot of new things happening, so we made sure that you don’t have to read the 11-page terms. India joins the metal credit card club with Amex bringing their metal Platinum Charge Card to India. I’m wondering how will explain what the card is made up of every time one goes through a metal detector.
- Exclusive: First look inside Etihad’s The House Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4
- Jet Airways’ JetPrivilege transitioning to online upgrades & Digital vouchers
- The Metal Amex Platinum Charge Card is now in India
News and Views
Jet Airways’ meal-less fares went live yesterday, and we now have an onboard menu too. Choose from hot meals, sandwiches, and snacks. And if you plan on skipping the meal, how does enjoying an a-la-carte dining experience at Mumbai’s T2 sound? Yes. Mumbai will host the second Amex lounge in India. Hyatt is on a roll now that it has picked up another 85 luxury hotels around the world. Are these acquisitions and new partners enough for them to compete with the Marriotts and IHGs of the world?
- Jet Airways launches JetBistro Buy on Board menu
- Bengaluru Airport to install body scanners
- The Vistara RetroJet Experience (And How You Can Fly It Too!)
- Extra baggage allowance on Emirates for a limited time
- Hyatt scoops 85 Luxury Hotels buying out Two Roads Hospitality
- Air Italy and WOW Air rejig India plans
- Reminder: Last few days to book Jet Airways cheap fares (with meals)
- American Express Lounge coming to Mumbai Terminal 2
- Jet Airways is launching Pune to Singapore flights
Cards and Rewards
The Marriott 29 Ways to Stay sweepstake is finally out! I’ve already earned a couple of hundred points and am keeping my fingers crossed for more. If staying at a Shangri-La is more of your thing, you can make even more points as Shangri-La celebrates the Golden Circle’s eighth anniversary.
- Update: Marriott’s 29 Ways to Stay contest is now live!
- Marriott indefinitely delays online contest!
- 18K JPMiles for ICICI Jet Airways Sapphiro Credit Card! Signed up yet?
- Get oneworld Emerald status in one trip!
- Get a third night free at InterContinental hotels in South East Asia!
- Amex launches Diwali Sparkles offers for 2018
- Win an iPhone XS with your JPMiles!
- Shangri-La is giving away 8 million Golden Circle bonus points
Shipra spent some time at Skyteam Lounge at London Heathrow’s Terminal 4 last week and was quite impressed with what was on offer. There was plenty of space along with a great food spread. Not bad for a Priority Pass network lounge at all!
Deals with Appeal
Jet Airways is back with another conversion bonus promotion where you can get 50% more JPMiles than usual. Also, we saw some excellent fares to Los Angeles from India on American Airlines. USD 650 for a round trip is quite a steal!
- Get 50% more JPMiles on conversions!
- Deal: $650 Premium Economy Mumbai/Chennai to Los Angeles[EXPIRED]
October 10, the Indian take on Cyber Monday did not disappoint this year. There are some great deals on MacBooks, AirPods, Bose headphones and other goodies on popular e-commerce portals such as Amazon, Flipkart & TataCliq. Make sure to look for credit card offers before you check out!
- Deals: Airpods for INR 8K & MacBook Air for INR 46K
- Deal: Apple Watch (24% off) Canon DSLR (28% off), MacBook Air (24% off) and more!
- Deals: Bose Headphones (50% off), GoPro (64% off), iPhone X (26% off) and more!
Mileage Mentor MasterClass
After Bengaluru, we’re left with one more Mileage Mentor MasterClass for the year. Reserve your spot today and see us in Mumbai!
Have a great weekend ahead!