Hello everyone from Mumbai. We’re just a few days away from Diwali, and our continued coverage of all the Diwali promotions in travel and rewards space should help you to get even more value out of your Diwali shopping this year. As I write this post, I’m indulging in a bit of e-tail therapy myself. You can meanwhile catch up on all things related to travel and more in our weekly roundup.
Our Top Stories
Jet Airways premium cabin passengers and JetPrivilege elites got a rude shock earlier this week when they came to know that lounge access at Mumbai has been revoked ‘temporarily’. ICICI Bank introduced a new Amazon co-branded card where you can earn up to a 5% cashback in the form of AmazonPay Balance. None of us at LiveFromALounge have received the invite yet, but that doesn’t stop us to go shopping.
- Jet Airways Lounge Access at Mumbai Airport dropped
- ICICI Bank launches co-branded Amazon Pay Credit Card
- Here is how Team LFAL is spending money this Diwali!
Also, our roundup of ongoing hotel promotions for November 2018 is live. Make sure to check it out before you book your next hotel stay. Who knows, you might find a great promotion or deal you did not know of before.
News and Views
Last week we woke up to the tragic crash of LionAir Flight JT610 off the coast of Indonesia. This crash marks the first hull loss of the Boeing 737 MAX. On the other hand, Singapore Airlines has confirmed that they’ll be flying directly to Seattle from Singapore. This will be the sixth ultra long haul US route under Singapore Airlines’ belt. We also learned that close to 1,85,000 credit cards were compromised during a British Airways hack early this year.
- LionAir’s Boeing 737 MAX crash in Indonesia
- Singapore Airlines to launch flights to Seattle in 2019
- Jet Airways offering JPMiles against Mumbai lounge access?
- Taxibots are now in use at Delhi Airport
- GVK Lounge Mumbai is not accepting Jet Airways customers
- British Airways Hack hit Avios transactions!
- My experience using Jet Airways digital upgrades at the airport
Cards and Rewards
Get 2X JPMiles when you use your Jet Airways ICICI Visa co-branded credit cards for international spends through January 31, 2019. IHG ran a excellent offer where select corporate members needed to only stay ten nights at any of IHG’s properties to hit top-tier status. Missed this promotion? You can still get 2,000 Bonus IHG points/night when you book the breakfast rate for your upcoming stays.
- 2X JPMiles on International Spends with ICICI Jet Airways Cards!
- Get 2000 Bonus points with IHG Breakfast rates!
- Last day to register for IHG Spire Elite fast track![Expired]
Deals with Appeal
Jet Airways is out with their Diwali sale with up to 30% discounted fares on domestic and international routes. You get 20% off on onboard duty-free shopping as well. Both Flipkart and Amazon are out with new sales which has some fantastic offers. Make sure to stack them up with credit card promotions to get more discounts and cash backs.
- Diwali Deals: Bose Earphones for INR 5000 (50% off) & Airpods at INR 8000 and more!
- Jet Airways Diwali Sale: 30% off Domestic & International Flights!
- Diwali Deals: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones (50% off), MacBook Air (29% off) and more!
Diwali Dhamaka Promotions
We have been covering all these exciting offers for you to benefit from this festive season, so here is hoping you are maximising points earning and savings this season!
- Here is how to double dip the HDFC 10X Happy Hours
- HDFC Bank Credit Card Diwali offer: the gift that keeps on giving
- Why the HDFC Bank Credit Card Diwali Offer is insanely generous!
- HDFC 10X Reward Points to Credit Card Customers this Diwali
- ICICI Amex Card Offer: Get Marriott Vouchers on Spends!
- This Diwali, 5X Points on Yes Bank Credit Cards!
- Marriott vouchers on IndusInd Amex spend!
- Up to 15X Bonus Membership Rewards Points booking with American Express Travel
- Amex launches Diwali Sparkles offers for 2018
- Get paid to signup up for [lifetime free] Amex Membership Rewards Credit Card!
Mileage Mentor MasterClass
We’re conducting the Mileage Mentor MasterClass one last time at Mumbai later this month. Make sure to grab a spot soon. And as this is the festive season, pick up your tickets with our special offer.
Here’s wishing you all a happy and safe Diwali!