Hello everyone from Mumbai. The Diwali week is coming to an end, and many of us would’ve already started packing our bags after our trip home or vacation. While things were a bit calm in India, the travel space around the globe was buzzing with activity. You can read all about last week’s action in our weekly roundup.
Our Top Stories
You don’t have to fly to collect airmiles and in some cases, airline status. We pick the best airline co-branded credit cards in India. Icelandair group announced that they’d be acquiring the no-frills carrier, WOW Air. WOW Air is supposed to start flying from Delhi soon, and I don’t think that this change in ownership would affect WOW Air’s India plans.
We’ll be hosting our final Mileage Mentor MasterClass in Mumbai this month. Registrations are now open, and you grab your passes with a special Diwali price.
- 5 Best Airline Credit Cards in India
- WOW Air being acquired by Icelandair Group
- Announcing the next Mileage Mentor MasterClass Mumbai
News and Views
Air India flyers in Mumbai got a rude shock on Diwali as ground staff went on strike out of the blue. As a result, flights were disrupted. GoAir announced that they’d be flying to Phuket and Male from Bengaluru. Staying with new routes, you’ll be able to fly non stop from Mumbai to Moscow on Ural Airlines starting early next year. Oh, and I hope you have collected your Diwali Gift already if you haven’t, please do so at the earliest.
- Free Thailand Visa on Arrival this Winter for 21 nationalities
- Etihad to introduce ‘Economy Space’
- Air India ground staff on strike, flights, delayed at Mumbai Airport
- Fly Nonstop to Moscow from Mumbai
- Happy Diwali: Collect your free Diwali Gift!
- G(r)8 Phuket and Male flights from Bengaluru
- Virgin Atlantic set to debut a new Business Class seat
- British Airways new Club World Business Class to launch in July 2019
- Introduction: Going diving in the Ring of Fire
Cards and Rewards
IHG is running an annual sale where you can at least 20% off at over 2000 properties in the United States. If you are planning to go to South-East Asia, IHG has you covered there too. Get 30% on hotel stays. ICICI Bank ran a new Diwali promotion where you can earn Tanishq vouchers on spends.
- IHG Annual Sale: 20% off on US Hotels!
- 30% Discount on IHG Hotels in South-East Asia!
- Diwali Promotion: INR 5000 Tanishq vouchers on ICICI Bank Cards!
Deals with Appeal
GoAir turns 13 this month and to celebrate this milestone; they are offering 1.3 million seats for a discount. You can book tickets deep into next year. Etihad meanwhile turned 15. Get discounts on tickets and a free stay in Abu Dhabi if you are planning on flying onwards. Cathay Pacific and Air China hopped onto the Diwali bandwagon where you could’ve booked air tickets for 30% less.
- Deal: GoAir Fares start at INR 1,313!
- Etihad’s 15th Anniversary Sale: Discounts and free nights at Abu Dhabi!
- 30% discount + duty-free vouchers on Cathay Pacific this Diwali
- Air China’s Diwali offers: 30% off on flights![Expired]
Mileage Mentor MasterClass
We’re conducting the Mileage Mentor MasterClass at Mumbai later this month. Make sure to grab a spot soon. And as this is the festive season, pick up your tickets with our special offer.
Have a great week ahead!