A few months ago, we completed seven years of Live From A Lounge. As I’ve mentioned before, this website was a passion project before I began to realise this is bigger than me. Over the years, we’ve bettered the first month page views of our site (1200 or so) to 100s of 1000s every month.
Not only have we grown in terms of the number of years, but we also found ourselves to be in the unique position where we became a part of the daily lives of a lot of people with our coverage on all things luxury travel, loyalty, airlines, hotels and miles and points. Our readers come from all walks of life, from CEOs to executives to entrepreneurs to rookies.
The Struggle Is Real
I started the website with a simple intention, provide travellers with the information you need. For seven years, we’ve been trying our best every day, to help people with all the information they need, including insights on hotels, loyalty, credit cards, lounges and what have you. But it seems how many hours I put in, or Shipra did too, it was less.
So, after 2800 posts, a couple of gallons of coffee and much deliberation, we took baby steps into making sure you get all the information you need, regardless of me being around here or on another continent altogether. We brought in Ashwant and Karan on board. And they’ve been doing a great job keeping me on my toes with all the fresh information they keep throwing my way day in and day out.
It is now time to up the game. While we have been building on our capabilities, we do miss another miles and points writer in the gang. So, time to find someone to fill the gap.
We will be accepting applications until November 27 at 11:59 PM IST, read on for more.
Why work at LiveFromALounge?
- You love to come into work at the epicentre of luxury and business travel in India, while still paying backpacking prices and help build a community that wants to maximise their travel.
- You want to participate in our growth to the next level.
- You like to be part of a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and love to debate travel.
- You appreciate the fine life.
- You love fresh-ground coffee as much as we do, and a pint now and then.
Cue to you…
You will be responsible for developing written content on and around miles & points, travel, tips and tricks. The right candidate will be able to identify timely topics and write engaging content within a quick timeframe, perhaps the same day. You’d have an analytical bent of mind, be able to crunch the numbers and come up to a conclusion of your own. Your responsibilities would include
- Identify points & miles, credit card-related stories relevant to our audience, and pitch and write articles quickly.
- Help run the editorial calendar and our contributor network.
- Work with us in developing new ways to explain points and miles to the Indian readers.
What will help along the way is:
- Knowledge of travel/points/frequent-flyer programs.
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to learn and adhere to the editorial process, including handling images, content and disclosures
- Attention to detail
- Analytical bent of mind combined with creative ways of expression
- An ability to work with deadlines
- Social Media Savvy will earn you brownie points
- Experience with infographics & video would be a big plus
- Experience with the WordPress CMS and MS Office would be a nice touch
I haven’t given a thought as yet to the nature of this position, but it is instead about finding the talent. So if you are in Mumbai and working with us full-time, you will be able to come into our office and work out of there. Remuneration will be as per experience.
What is important is a long-term perspective as well. As one of our founding team members, we’ll be investing a lot of time, money and effort to bring you up to speed with everything that happens behind your screen. We’d like you to grow along with LFAL, as we go towards 10X (Aren’t those our favourite rewards?)
Cue to who you are not…
While we get contributor requests on an ongoing basis, and we are considering some of those requests, this is not the correct channel to apply if you are unable to work with us over the long term.
Sounds like you?
We’d love to hear from you if you are interested, or you know someone who fits the bill. There is an application process to get to know you better. Shipra and I will go through each application personally, and we hope you’d spend at least as much time writing your application, as much time we will invest to go through it.
If you have any questions, feel free to write to us, or drop a comment and we will be happy to clarify further.
I want to thank you all for the trust you’ve put into us, making us a part of your daily lives. We wouldn’t have taken off without your support. Like you know, this move doesn’t change our regular contribution to the site, but instead would allow us to add coverage to parts we think are missing at the moment.
Thank you once again, and we hope to drown under a pool of applications now!