- Introduction: Singapore Airlines 787-10 Regional Business Class
- Singapore Airlines Lounge New Delhi Airport
- Celebrations of the Launch of the Boeing 787-10 from Delhi
- Singapore Airlines Business Class, Delhi to Singapore, Boeing 787-10
- Conrad Centennial Singapore, Executive Room
A couple of months ago, I was supposed to get into Singapore, and I was scheduled to fly there for a very short time on the ground. While I would have usually flown out of Mumbai, the winter schedule was starting the on Sunday ahead of when I was flying into Singapore. This meant that Singapore Airlines’ Boeing 787-10 was going to be taking off from Delhi for the first time.
Singapore Airlines is the launch operator for the Boeing 787-10, and with the launch of this new aircraft, SQ had brought in a new business class product which was a fully flat-bed, better than some other airline’s long-haul products, and only intended to fly on regional routes up to 8-hours long. SQ is currently the largest customer for the 787-10, and you should start seeing this product on more Indian routes in the coming months as they receive more of these aircraft.
I had been looking forward to flying the SQ 787-10 for a while, and I figured if I could position myself to Delhi, this could be a great opportunity, given it was going to be an inaugural flight and perhaps there could be more to experience than just the usual flight.
Lucky for me, I had a couple of readers join me on the flight, who had read the earlier conversations on Twitter and decided to book this flight instead of their usual Jet Airways one as well.
On the return, I planned to get back on the last flight from Singapore, coming in directly to Mumbai. That would be the Airbus A380, another great plane I love to fly every time I get the chance.
Eventually, I arrived in Delhi the night before and planned the trip as follows:
- Mumbai – Delhi on Vistara
- Delhi – Singapore on SQ 401 departing Delhi at 9:55 AM, arriving in Singapore at 6:15 PM
- Singapore – Mumbai on SQ 424 departing Singapore at 6:55 PM, coming in Mumbai at 10:10 PM
In this trip report, I will write about the experience on the Boeing 787-10 as well as the Airbus A380-800 flight on Singapore Airlines, apart from the quick stay at the Conrad Singapore.
Stay tuned, and I’ll quickly get this on its way for you. If there are certain parts you’d like me to focus on, let me know, and I’ll add it along.