Hyatt has lined up 5 hotels this year under different brands in India. The first brand introduction to open up is Hyatt Centric Goa. Hyatt introduced the Centric brand in India last year with the rebranding of one of their Hyatt Hotels to Hyatt Centric, Bengaluru along with a proper renovation too. Hyatt Centric is aimed towards millennials. According to Hyatt,
The Hyatt Centric brand serves as a launch pad to destination exploration and discovery for millennial-minded travellers who want to be in the middle of the action.
Hyatt earlier opened a Hyatt Place, Goa in January 2016. This property is now rebranded as Hyatt Centric, Goa. So Hyatt isn’t opening a new hotel after all. Hyatt Centric Goa is located in North Goa near Candolim. It is Level 2 World of Hyatt property. The property doesn’t seem to have undergone much refurbishment except a change in branding.
Hyatt Centric, Goa has a total of 167 rooms. It also has a full-service restaurant called Grok. Interesting name though. Hyatt describes it as,
During the day, the restaurant, Grok, features a spacious and relaxed atmosphere with delicious local Goan favourites and handcrafted cocktails. In the evenings, Grok is a themed kebaberie and bread bar, with the bar serving mixology cocktails.
Hyatt Centric will offer complimentary wifi to guest which is in line with Centric brand. Inaugural rates start at around INR 8k per night. Since it is a Level 2 hotel, it will cost 8000 points.
Hyatt is currently running an inaugural promotion. If you book by January 25, 2019, for stays in March 2019, you can get,
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Buffet breakfast for registered guests
- Complimentary game/ activity coupons worth INR 600 once during the stay
- Complimentary 30 mins experience of the unique Pedal Party Ride
- Stress-free relaxation with a 30% discount on the Q2 spa
- 20% discount on Food and Soft Beverages at the hotel
- 20% discount on Laundry services
- An option of one complimentary tour/activity during the stay from the below: 1) 02 hour guided tour to Fountainhas or Campal 2) Half day tour of South Goa with a visit to the Spice Plantation (spice plantation entry fee not included) 3) 90 mins of Sailing (age restrictions apply)
You need to mention the offer code ‘OPOFF’ at the time of the booking. The T&Cs are here.
Hyatt is shifting the property from a minimalist one to a millennial one. The inaugural promotion is a sweet deal. A Hyatt Centric is a better fit for Goa market judging by what the brand is aiming for. A Hyatt Place also has a “place” in Goa market considering Hyatt is opening up Hyatt Places in tourist destinations like Hampi, Rameshwaram and so-on.
Are you excited for the new Hyatt Centric Goa?