Hello from Mumbai folks. The Lounge has been open for business all week, and we have a great collection of stories from the last week. There is a lot of news on the promotions and credit cards front this week. Let us check it out.
Our Top Stories
The year has started with us announcing the first Mileage Mentor MasterClass for the year. We also launched the Reader Success Story section again, where we have an exciting story from one of our long-time readers about her first international business class trip, on miles, of course. We’ve also compiled the full list of hotel promotions to benefit from this month.
- Announcing the first Mileage Mentor MasterClass of 2019
- Reader Success Story: My First Business Class flight, Etihad Business Class A380
- Hotel Promotions to Maximise in January 2019
News & Views
Last week was light on the news from the airlines and hotels. But we discovered about how SpiceJet was also hoping to launch flights to London, but with an A330, not a smaller plane.
- SpiceJet planning London foray with A330s?
- Emirates withdraws Chauffeur Drive on award tickets
- Rebranded Hyatt Centric Goa is now open
Right before the festivities started in November, I visited Singapore on a quick trip, and also managed to try out the Singapore Airlines Boeing 787-10, which was flying from India for the first time. SQ started taking delivery of their new aircraft in March 2018, and Delhi is one of the first markets they inducted the aircraft to. It is a long-haul business class for just a 5-hour flight. I also checked out the beautiful Singapore Airlines Lounge at Delhi Airport.
- Introduction: Singapore Airlines 787-10 Regional Business Class
- Review: Singapore Airlines Lounge New Delhi Airport
- Celebrating the launch of SQ’s Boeing 787-10 from Delhi
Cards and Rewards
Perhaps the most amount of news that came out of last week, was from HDFC Bank and American Express. The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card is going for free at the moment. But there is tonnes happening on other fronts too. You should make your IHG and Singapore Airlines redemptions soon, given prices are going up. Here is a quick recap of everything that is happening and all the changes coming.
- Deal: Amex Platinum Travel Card for Free!
- Amex Double Points Promotion on Educational Spends
- 40,000 IHG Rewards Club bonus points on offer
- Get 10X Rewards on International Spends on all HDFC Bank Cards
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Redemption Chart Changing on January 24
- IHG Rewards Club changes coming at 700 hotels
- Al Maha Dubai is offering full-boarding on redemption stays again
- Axis Bank offers a 2% forex charge waiver
Deals with Appeal
Last but not least, there are some great deals on offer at the moment. You can get yourselves dining discounts through August 2019, 4X points for Vistara flights, IHG hotels at 10% off with free breakfast and more. Check out the deals here.
- Get Marriott American Express Discount through August 2019
- Vistara offering 4X Club Vistara Points on bookings
- IHG Hotels in India & Middle East offering 10% off and Free Breakfast
- Deal: Jet Airways new sale offers up to 50% off on flights [Expired]
Have a good weekend, and we will be back with more news in the days ahead. In the meanwhile, if you haven’t registered for the Mileage Mentor MasterClass next weekend, do so right away, and I’m looking forward to seeing you folks next weekend.