American Express is out with a slew of new promotions, all of which are intended to help you get to use your American Express cards and get Membership Rewards points to the maximum. There is a promotion going on to offer double points for Educational Institution Spends, giving away free credit cards, giving bonus points for Supplementary Card issuance and statement credit on Hyatt Hotel stays. Not just that, if you will pay your insurance bills with your Amex, you will get tonnes of more Membership Rewards points this quarter too. Now, they just launched an American Express Spend offer last evening.
If you are buying Future Group stuff on your American Express, you get discounts there too. There is a new promotion for 6X Membership Rewards points on American Express International Spends too. And don’t forget the 15X Membership Rewards you are going to get booking your travel on the Amex portal. Last week, they launched the Amex Online Festival which got you 10% cashback on various spends.
American Express Spend Offer
The newest offer is a spend based offer for American Express Credit Cards, so it is being customised and sent to the inboxes. If you haven’t received one yet, wait for it! The offer is valid on the following credit cards:
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card
- American Express Gold Charge Card
- American Express Gold Credit Card
- Everyday Spend American Express Gold Credit Card
The offer is valid from February 25, 2019 to April 15, 2019 (inclusive of both days).
Here are all the offers that have been rolled out, to the best of my knowledge so far.
- Spend INR 600,000, get INR 30,000 worth of Amex Domestic Travel Vouchers, redeemable on Hotel Stays in India.
- Spend INR 400,000, get INR 20,000 worth of Amex Domestic Travel Vouchers, redeemable on Hotel Stays in India.
- Spend INR 200,000, get INR 10,000 worth of Amex Domestic Travel Vouchers, redeemable on Hotel Stays in India.
- Spend INR 100,000, get INR 5,000 worth of Amex Domestic Travel Vouchers, redeemable on Hotel Stays in India.
- Spend INR 75,000, get INR 4,000 worth of Amex Domestic Travel Vouchers, redeemable on Hotel Stays in India.
- Spend INR 50,000, get INR 2,500 worth of Flipkart Voucher.
These offers are stackable, so if you are registered for any other promotion mentioned above, your spends will count for both the offers. Except it is a net off offer, so if you spent INR 1000 on Flipkart for instance and got INR 100 credited back, only INR 900 will be counted for the offer.
Remember, any American Express Card on which the Offer is not applicable, if enrolled for the Offer, will not be considered eligible for the Offer. The offer provides a 5% Return on Spend, over and above any other promotions you will have on your card account.
Given American Express is going out with so many great offers this year, it may be one more reason to apply for a new American Express Credit Card this year. Remember, there are a few great offers going on on American Express cards this year:
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card for free, and with 4,000 Membership Rewards points in 90 days
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card for free, worth INR 29,500 annual benefits in the first year.
Membership Rewards have a great use in my book, and can be converted into great holidays in India and abroad, so I am sold on them.
I anticipate a tonne of new offers this year, given in the first 45 days of the year there are already ten offers out from American Express. So, if you don’t have an Amex credit card yet, perhaps it is an idea to pick up one to encash on offers coming through the rest of the year.
What is your American Express Spend Offer?