Last month, I wrote about HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Cards extending the 10X promotion for Partner brands. This promotion offers ten times the usual points applicable when you spend with your HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Cards (only!) on the following brands:
This list is valid from April 8 to June 30, 2019. For Treebo, only online transactions get 10X points, not pay at the hotel. Uber transactions done abroad also count for 10X Rewards. Purchase of gold and Gift Vouchers on TataCLiQ is not eligible for 10X offer. Also, only package bookings are available for 10X on SOTC and flight, or hotel bookings alone aren’t eligible.
You earn the following points on your cards with the various variants on the merchants mentioned above:
- Rewardz: 3 points/INR 150 + 27 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 30 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value is INR 9 [6% cashback]
- Premium/Club Miles: 4 points/INR 150 + 36 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 40 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value is INR 20 [13% cashback]
- Black: 5 points/INR 150 + 45 points/INR 150 bonus [Total 50 points/INR 150]. Monetary Value of INR 50 [33% cashback]
- Here is the cap installed on the number of points you can earn per statement cycle this year for using partner brands.
- Rewardz: 2,000 points
- Premium/Club Miles: 5,000 points
- Black: 25,000 points
There is another promotion, which is offering up to 25,000 Reward Points for those who use the Smartbuy portal of HDFC Bank. This promotion is valid across all personal credit cards of HDFC Bank which offer Rewards Points as a currency.
Now, perhaps to maximise the business from Hotels due to the Summer Vacations, HDFC Bank Diners Club has also added MakeMyTrip Hotels to the list of partners who get you 10X the usual Reward Points. Essentially, this means you get a 33% cashback on your hotel stays booked with these cards, as long as the Card is the top-end variety (Diners Black).
Three coupon codes have been published by MakeMyTrip Hotels to get 10X points for Domestic Hotels.
Like you can see, you get up to 33% savings. Here is the list of the select hotels which get you 10X Reward points:
- HDFC10X1: Gets you 10X points and up to 15% Reward Points. No published list.
- HDFC10X2: It has some very excellent luxury hotels such as The Oberoi, Bangalore, Trident, Chennai, Trident, Cochin, Khyber, Gulmarg and many other luxury properties.
- HDFC10X3: It has many chain hotels such as Taj Fort Aguada, Goa, a lot of Marriott Hotels, Novotel Hotels and many other luxury properties.
For international hotels, however, you don’t need any codes. You can proceed to pay with your HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Cards and get up to 30% discount and 10X Reward Points.
MakeMyTrip Hotels seems to be a great addition to the HDFC Bank Diners Club 10X Partner promotions, and I intend to try and use this promotion to maximise the 10X rewards in case I am headed to stay at any non-Marriott/Hyatt hotels shortly.
What do you think about the new HDFC 10X MakeMyTrip offer?
(HT: Sandeep Gadgil)