One of the bigger hospitality development of last year was the developments at Hyatt. Hyatt struck a new partnership with Small Luxury Hotels of the World, which allowed members of the World of Hyatt to earn and redeem points at SLH member properties around the world.
Not just that, Hyatt had also acquired Two Roads Hospitality, which owned about 85 luxury hotels across various brands. The brands which were a part of the Two Roads Hospitality included Alila, Destination, Joie de Vivre, Thompson and tommie. With the acquisition of this company, Hyatt is also taking over the management of most of these hotels, apart from the tommie brand.
As the integration of the hotels proceeds, these hotels are now being integrated into the master brand and also being brought on board with the World of Hyatt. In March 2019, Thomson joined the World of Hyatt, followed by Joie De Vivre in May 2019. Now, it is the turn of Alila, which is actually very good news for the Hyatt members in India as well. The integration of Alila properties started a couple of days ago, on June 25, and all the properties participating will join by July 16, 2019. In fact, as of this post, 10 out of the 16 properties are already on board World of Hyatt. Alila Jakarta, Alila Purnama and Alila Yangshuo will not participate in World of Hyatt.
Here is the number of points and categories for each property after they come on board.
- Alila Seminyak (Cat 5 | 20,000 WoH Points)
- Studios at Alila Seminyak (Cat 1 | 5,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Solo (Cat 1 | 5,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Ubud (Cat 3 | 12,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Villas Uluwatu (Cat 7 | 30,000 WoH Points)
- Ventana Big Sur (Cat 7 | 30,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Bangsar (Cat 1 | 5,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Koh Russey (Cat 6 | 25,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Jakarta (Cat 3 | 12,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Manggis (Cat 2 | 8,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Diwa Goa (Cat 2 | 8,000 WoH Points)
- The Diwa Club by Alila (Cat 3 | 12,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Jabal Akhdar (Cat 6 | 25,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Anji (Cat 5 | 20,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Fort Bishanarh (Cat 4 | 15,000 WoH Points)
- Alila Wuzhen (Category 5 | 20,000 WoH Points)
Now, the best part is that this adds a nice boutique of properties to the Hyatt portfolio, which includes two Indian hotels. I’ve previously stayed at the Alila Diwa Goa, and it is just down the road from the erstwhile Park Hyatt Goa, so in a way, Hyatt has returned to South Goa as a part of this deal.
I’m also looking forward to head to Alila Fort Bishangarh, which frequently retails for INR 35,000+GST and the Bali properties of Alila, such as the one in Ubud.
What is fantastic is, on the occasion of Alila joining Hyatt, to celebrate the addition of these new properties to the Hyatt portfolio, World of Hyatt members can earn 2,000 bonus points for their first qualifying stays at each of the four new brands, and they also get a free night certificate when they experience all the four brands. That makes it a total of 8,000 points if you make it to all the four brands. No registration is required, and the participation in the promotion begins once the brand joins World of Hyatt. The promotion ends on December 31, 2019.
The addition of Two Roads Hospitality to Hyatt is great news all around, especially now that my home has a couple of great new additions apart from the lineup of Hyatt hotels we already had in India. The redemption rates are also great, giving some great value on the points as well.
Which Alila hotel is on your list to visit?