Every month, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer programme puts out a list of sectors where they discount the redemptions by 30%. The travel dates are the month after. Singapore Airlines released the list of Spontaneous Escapes, as they call them which are valid for ticketing from today through January 31, 2020, and travel between February 1 and 29, 2020.
What is unique about the Spontaneous Escapes this time around is that Singapore Airlines Krisflyer is celebrating 21 years, so they are adding another 21% discount on top of the usual 30% discount. The offer is valid for redemption on flights to a wide range of destinations across Singapore Airlines and SilkAir network. From India, for instance, flights to Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Bangalore are available for redemption, and redemptions start as low as 9000 Krisflyer miles oneway.
On Silkair, flights to Kochi and Chennai are available for redemption, and also from Kochi.
There are some other very interesting long-haul routes as well, which are up on the sale. For instance, for travel to the USA, you can pick up tickets in both directions in Premium Economy, Economy or Business Class (depending on the aircraft, for instance, the Airbus A350-900 ULR Singapore / Newark does not have Economy class at all).
Other routes that stand out are Singapore to Dubai one-way in business class for 24,010 miles and Singapore to Frankfurt/Milan/Paris/Rome one-way in business class for 45,080 miles. I think these are some great prices for some great products in the sky. For instance, the Boeing 787-10, which flies many segments around the region has this lovely lie-flat seat.
How to Redeem?
- Log in to your KrisFlyer account with your KrisFlyer membership number/ email address and password at the top right corner of this page.
- Select ‘Book a Flight’ on your dashboard.
- Click ‘Redeem flights’ and select your travel details.
- Redemption discount will only be reflected in the booking summary panel after you have selected the flights.
- Seats are limited, and redemption availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
I’ve enlisted some key terms and conditions I’ve gleaned away from the website of Singapore Airlines.
Key Terms & Conditions
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights. Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 15 to 31 January 2020 (GMT+8), both dates inclusive, for travel between 1 to 29 February 2020 (GMT+8), both dates inclusive. All travel must be completed by 29 February 2020 (GMT+8). If any part of the itinerary is confirmed after the promotion period or falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any waitlist redemption that is confirmed after 31 January 2020 (GMT+8) will not be entitled to the discount and will be charged at full mileage levels.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially used or totally unused tickets.
- The 51% discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver, Premium Economy Class Saver, and/or Business Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount. The 51% discount is displayed upon selection of eligible flight(s) during booking on singaporeair.com.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
As a reminder, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer miles are very easy to earn in India, given that you can transfer them from the following credit cards:
- American Express Platinum Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Gold Charge Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card: 2 Membership Rewards: 1 KF Mile
- Citibank Prestige: 1 Point: 4 KF Miles
- Citibank PremierMiles: 2 PremierMiles: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HDFC Bank Infinia: 1 Point: 1 KF Mile
- HSBC Credit Cards
I think these are some great deals. Which ones of these deals are you planning to take benefit of?