For those of you who have recently received their Citibank PremierMiles cards after the Jet Airways Citibank credit cards were discontinued (and prior loyalists like myself), here is a recap of some of the incremental changes in the offering that has happened over the past few months:
- The new cards, as well as the earlier issuances earn 4 PremierMiles per Rs. 100 spent on normal spend (see here).
- On airfare, the 10 PremierMiles per Rs. 100 spent has been limited to the first Rs. 500,000 spent directly with the airlines. Regular 4 PM per Rs. 100 spent applies afterwards (see here).
- Bookings via premiermiles.co.in does not attract this limit and gets you 10 PremierMiles per Rs. 100 spent all the way (see here).
- Jet Airways awards are no longer available for redemption on the Citibank portal. So, here is a workaround, which I do not like so much since it is expensive (see here).
- British Airways and Delta have joined the program as well, so you now have the ability to transfer miles to Avios and SkyMiles as well. Transfers happen within 3 days usually (see here).
- As a special promotion, all international spend and hotel spends are going to earn 10 PremierMiles per Rs. 100 as well between June 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012. On your statement you will see only 4 PM, but the excess 6 PM will be credited in your November 2012 statement (see here).
- Lounge Access via the Visa Signature variant now includes 20 trips per quarter (see here).
Now, after that recap, here are some more things that have happened in the recent past:
- Kingfisher KingClub has come back as a transfer partner. So, for those who like to accumulate KingClub miles, the option is back on the table since a few days.
- Some new shopping offers attract 10 PremierMiles per Rs. 100. This includes Westside, Infibeam.com, Flipkart.com and some others.
I expect that Citibank will keep adding to the list of ways you can earn mileage on this card more and more, including specials. Though, for a true blue travel card, I wish they’d offer me international spends and hotel spends at 10 PremierMiles per Rs. 100 for good. I am disappointed at the current redemption rates via the website and I am hoping they really spice up the redemptions via the website soon, else these will just become worthless junk that I am accumulating.
- New partners on the Citibank PremierMiles card and 1 week to convert from Jet Airways CC
- Citibank Premier Miles Card changes and special promo on international spends