My favourite travel credit card, Citibank PremierMiles, has recently worked on its conversion partner list, and added quite some new partners on the list over the past few weeks. The last major addition, to the best of my memory, was in June 2012, when Avios and Delta Skymiles were brought on board as conversion partners. Later than that, Etihad Guest was added to the list.
Citibank has wanted to make this card the one-stop product for travel requirements in India. Hence, they have been wanting to add hotel partners for a long time, and finally, they have added three of them in this quarter itself. The new hotel partners include:
- Taj InnerCircle: 10 PremierMiles = 1 TIC Point
- IHG Rewards Club: 1 PremierMile = 1 IHG Reward Club Point
- Hilton HHonors: 1 PremierMile = 1.5 Hilton HHonors Points
Now, the partnership with the Taj InnerCircle is actually something I see as a good use of points, provided you take the stays in off season. For Hilton HHonors, I don’t see much utility to convert points anymore, except for top-ups. IHG Rewards Club points also come around pretty cheap, so I won’t want to be spending PremierMiles to get IHG points, except for top-ups.
Also, there are two new flight partners, one on the oneworld alliance, and one on Star Alliance. Here are the details:
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich (oneworld) : 1PremierMile = 1 Enrich Mile
- Eva Air Infinity MileageLands (Star Alliance) : 1PremierMile = 1 EvaAir mile
This really helps, because now there are Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines & British Airways for oneworld, and Eva Air, Thai Airways & Singapore Airlines for Star Alliance, along with Delta, which is a Skyteam airline. Etihad & Air India round up the non-alliance scenario, and this is a well-spread out mix of partners.
All the more reason for me to try and get the 50K bonus PremierMiles by spending over the next two months under the double your miles promotion. And also, I hope there would be some transfer bonuses soon!
- Citi PremierMiles launches 2x miles promo
- Citibank PremierMiles launches 50% more miles promotion
- Citibank PremierMiles: New promotion and Indigo redemptions
- Citibank Premier Miles Card changes and special promo on international spends
- Singapore Airlines Business Class: my best PremierMiles redemption till date